Harvard Business School
Cambridge, MA | 2016
In order to create a unique and timeless look for a new educational facility at Harvard Business School, the design team turned to the expert craftsmen at Thos. Moser Contract. As creators of American hardwood fine furniture, they handcrafted a collection of inviting, richly detailed and design forward pieces
Pictured: Custom Harpswell Chair
- Mary-Ann Agresti, AIA Architect
- Goody Clancy
- Harvard Business School
- Custom Harpswell Chair
- Custom Table with marmoleum inset and drum-base
- Custom Table at 72”x24” with work surface
- Custom Bench with 70” long curved and upholstered seat
- Custom Reception Desk at 48”x18” with work surface
- Custom long-span Table with aluminum honeycomb sub straight
- Seating design modifications to fit customer spaces
- Table dimensions to fit customer spaces
- Marmoleum material use as specified on custom designed base
- Product with power and AV integration and storage management
An Evolving Design Process
Upon a site visit to the recently redesigned Thos. Moser showroom in Boston, MA, the design team saw a variety of classic and contemporary pieces that showcased the brand’s unique aesthetic and dedication to quality materials, craftsmanship and tradition – something that blended well with Harvard’s mission and identity as a university.
The design team worked with Thos. Moser Contract to alter a popular design, the Harpswell Chair, which would eventually be used throughout the space. The chair is an iconic Thos. Moser design that has been used in a number of high-profile projects around country. Pope Benedict XVI even sat in one during the official White House welcoming ceremony marking his April, 2008 visit to the United States.
Pictured: Custom Bench with 70” long curved and upholstered seat
Advancing Institutional Design
Custom Thos. Moser furniture creates a uniquely Harvard design aesthetic at the Ruth Mulan Chu Chao Center for Executive Education.
Schedule a consultation with one of our specialists.
For more information about our contract furniture design experience or for press and media inquiries please use the contact options below. We will respond within 48 hours, Monday through Friday during business hours.